1) Okamura’s warranty is exclusively and entirely expressed in this Warranty and it is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Okamura and its subsidiaries be liable for special, incidental, compensatory or consequential damages, including loss of profits.
2) Warranty periods by Product type and components, and additional exclusions from Warranty.
3) All Okamura products are warranted as per below terms and conditions from the date of purchase. Warranty may vary from region and countries based on the products specifications.
4) Okamura Salotto reserves the right to modify its limited warranty from time to time, including, without limitation, to add, delete or modify the applicable warranty periods, the Products and components covered by warranty, and exclusions to warranty described in Warranty terms and conditions.
5) Warranty on Okamura chairs under normal usage*:
Structural components, including frames, shells, bases, operating mechanism including adjustable armrests
Eight (8) years ** /
Five (5) years
Three (3) years
One (1) year
Gas cylinder, coasting finish, mesh fabric & cloth, cushions, and armrests pad
** 8 years warranty only applies to Contessa II, Sabrina, Finora, Baron, Choral, Sylphy or Plimode purchased after 5th Jan, 2021.
* Normal usage for seating is identified as the equivalent of a single shift, forty (40) hour workweek. To the extent that a seating product is used in a manner exceeding this, the applicable warranty period will be reduced in a pro-rata manner.
6) Warranty is only applicable to the product purchased directly from an authorized distributor of Okamura and is requested by the first purchaser of the product who is using it. (Leased, used, and auction items are not eligible.)
7) Warranty applies when Okamura determines that there is a ‘defect’, which means a nonconformance in structural or technical processing that exists at the time of receiving the product and causes product defects under normal use in accordance with the instruction manual given to the product. The final decision on providing warranty will be made by manufacturer.
8) Okamura does not warrant:
Normal wear and tear
Natural variations, scars, marks or wrinkles occurring in the leather
Colourfastness of materials or finishes
Colour matching of textiles exactly to samples or swatches or past purchases
COM or COL fabrics
Natural variations in wood grain or figure or the presence of character marks
Colourfastness of the matching of colours of wood grain, including an exact match to samples or swatches or past purchases
Non-standard products (customised sizes, materials, finishes)
Products exposed to extreme environmental conditions or improper storage condition
9) Even if it is within the warranty period, we will charge you for the cases below:
Official receipt or purchase record cannot be presented
Failure or damage of the product not used according to the instruction manual or product sticker label
Breakdown or damage of second-hand goods, transfer goods
Failure or damage due to use or storage under abnormal environment (high temperature, high humidity, remarkable temperature changes etc.)
Failure and damage caused by external factors (natural disaster, fire, abnormal voltage, etc.) that are not liable to our company
Failure or damage due to movement / transportation after delivery
10) The Warranty Terms has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.